Upcoming EventsView All
- No upcoming events.
PPP vs. Public Procurement
Public-Private Partnership (Proposed Model)
- Private operator required to raise financing and take construction risk;
- Operating/maintenance risks transferred to private sector;
- SLASPA retains ownership and regulatory control;
- Leverage private sector expertise to improve operational efficiencies and level of service.
- Government is required to raise the financing which places significant constraints on Government’s budget;
- Public sector pays 100% of project cost and bears full risk for cost overruns and delays;
- Construction, operating and maintenance risks remain with SLASPA.